Saddleback Valley Educational Foundation
A California Public Benefit Corporation
25631 Peter A. Hartman Way
Mission Viejo, CA 92691
The mission of the Saddleback Valley Educational Foundation is to provide support resources to all students in the Saddleback Valley by enhancing the educational opportunities and experiences through partnering with school, home and community.
Who We Are
The Saddleback Valley Educational Foundation (SVEF) is a nonprofit public benefit corporation organized exclusively for charitable and educational purposes within the meaning of Internal Revenue Code section 501(c)(3) or the corresponding provision of any future United States internal revenue law. The Foundation’s assets are irrevocably dedicated to support the Saddleback Valley Unified School District and its programs.
Saddleback Valley Unified School District (SVUSD)
SVUSD is the county’s sixth largest school district providing a highly regarded educational program to approximately 27,800 students from an attendance area that encompasses over 95 square miles. SVUSD focuses on intentional lesson design, engaging strategies, and developing innovative practices that create successful students. The academic environment is enhanced by a variety of athletic opportunities, fine and performing arts and many other programs. The schools offer a unique curricular emphasis in science, language arts, gifted and advanced placement classes, International Baccalaureate, second language support or immersion and environmental education. With the use of technology as a tool to enhance learning for all students, is also a top priority.
What We Do
The Saddleback Valley Unified School District has always had a well-deserved reputation for excellence. Founded in 1983, the Saddleback Valley Educational Foundation is committed to working for improvement in the quality of all of the schools and programs in SVUSD by seeking support and resources from individuals, businesses and organizations in our community. Because teachers are the most important ingredient in a child’s formal education, helping to providing teachers with the equipment and supplies that they need to accomplish their goals continues to be a top priority for the Foundation.
SVEF has accomplished many things over the years:
- Providing technology support (STEM)
- Providing student scholarships
- Planning & Funding College Night
- Providing schools with cash grants to support programs
- Making school gardens grow
- Funding musical instruments for eligible students
- Assisting with the preservation of class size reduction
- Assisting English Language Learners
- Helping at-risk students
- Supporting school libraries
The Board of Directors of the Saddleback Valley Educational Foundation is dedicated to supporting the Saddleback Valley Unified School District in their efforts to maintain a high quality educational program with a priority to impact (STEM) Science Technology Engineering & Math access for all students. With declining enrollment and lack of financial support from the California State agencies, it has never been more important to support our students.
SVEF’s Board of Directors has developed the following work plan and vision for the future:
1. Raising the profile of SVEF in the school district and county-wide
- Communicate regularly with schools and community
- Maintain SVEF web-site
- Make annual report public
- Build capacity in the Board of Directors
2. Working with SVUSD leadership to raise and administer funds
- Meet with school district leadership to assess needs and set goals
- Commit to fundraising goal of $1million
3. Securing individual and corporate funding
- Set short and long range funding goals
- Plan fundraising activities
- Secure corporate grants and explore joint fundraising activities
Contributions to SVEF are tax deductible. Our tax ID # is 95-3872448